Nepali Meal Cooking Recipe
Nepali Tea (Masala Tea) making:
Ingredient: Milk, black tea, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, black paper powder (you can buy it as readymade)
- light the stove and put a boiling pot in the stove
- Put a cup of milk in a pot (can major by cup) and boil it and add one cup water and boil again
- Add two table spoon back tea in it (add tea spices ¼ tea spoon.
- Now you can filter it to the put and serve a delicious Nepali tea. (the tea and milk can vary the taste).
- If you can eat sugar, you can add it while boiling.
Nepali Dal Bhat Set:
Ingredient: rice, water, butter (2 cup rice (for 2 people) to cook and add equal quantity of water)
- Turn on the stove (medium fire) and put the presser cooker in fire (you can wash the rice)
- Put the rice in a cooking pot (presser cooker) and wait for 2 or 3 whistle
- Let the rice cool down for 5 minute and now rice is ready.
- If you wish to make a butter rice, you can add two tea spoon butter in it while cooking.
Note: There are some other ways to cook rice without cooker presser as well as. you can sock the rice in water for 10 minute before cook.
Dal (lentil) Soup: Dal grinded (black, brown or any color), butter 2 tea spoon, Salt, ginger, garlic, cumin seed, dried chilly, turmeric powder and cinnamon leaf.
- lit the fire (medium flame) and put the cooking pot (cooker presser).
- Put 2 spoon of butter and put 2 red chili and wait until it get brown
- put 3 cup of water. Put dal (lentil) half cup in it.
- Put turmeric powder half tea spoon, blended ginger 1 tea spoon and 2 cinnamon leaf and ½ table spoon of salt.
- Lock with the cover and wait for 10 whistle.
- Let it cool down.
- Put another pot in the stove and put 2 spoon of butter
- When it is heated add cumin seed (1 tea spoon) and wait until it gets dark brown or black. This is for flavor (you can also fry a garlic, onion or etc)
- Put it in cooked dal. Now delicious dal is ready to serve.
Ingredient: seasonal vegetable, spices (cumin seed, turmeric powder, garlic, ginger, green coriander, green chili, fenugreek seed), green garlic, onion, potato, tomato.
- Hit the oil in a cooking pot and put some fenugreek seed till it gets dark brown or black
- Put sliced onion and wait until it gets brown
- Put seasonal vegetable and roll it frequently by spoon
- Put masala (powder or paste) and keep rolling the veg by spoon.
- Put bit water so that it doesn’t over fry
- After 10-15m, the mix vegetable will be ready.
- You can check if it is cooked.
Chicken curry: Chopped chicken, tomato, oil, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, green coriander, cumin powder, chilly, salt, green onion, cinnamon leaf, penogerik seed, meat masala and green coriander.
- Light the stove medium, put the pot in the stove
- Put 3 table spoon of vegetable oil and wait until heated
- Put chopped onion and wait until get golden brown
- Put turmeric powder ¼ table spoon and put chopped chicken and continue to stir fly
- Put garlic paste 1 table spoon and chilly 4 pcs, put salt, cumin powder ½ table spoon, continue stir fry
- Put half tea spoon of garam masala, after 15m cooking add chopped tomato and after stir fried 4m
- Put green coriander leaf. Now delicious chicken curry is ready to serve.
Ingredient: chicken kima. Dough, chopped cabbage, chopped onion, oil, salt, Mo:Mo masala, tomato, garlic paste, green coriander, dough roller and Mo:Mo cooking put.
- Get a 1/4kg of floor and make a dough (make it not very hard and not very soft)
- Mix grounded chicken, sliced onion, sliced cabbage, mo:mo masala, salt, oil, garlic and ginger paste and mix it well.
- Make a small piece of dough and roll (you can use oil not stick a dough in a roller) it as thin possible
- Chop the dough in a circle (you may use a steel glass to chop in a circle and same size)
- Take one piece of chopped circle dough and put the kima (mixed ingredient) and close the dough from one side to the other end.
- Boil the water in a mo:mo cooking pot
- Rob oil in the pot so that the mo:mo will not stick in the pot
- Put mo:mo (you can have few layer as per your mo:mo pot set and quantity) in the pot and cover it and steam it for 15m
- feel the cooked mo:mo by hand and if it is not sticky, the mo:mo is ready to serve.
Ingredient: tomato, green chili, salt, turmeric powder, sesame seed, peanuts, (Optional: Lapsi, lemon, green coriander)
- light the stove and heat the fry pan
- Roast the sesame seed, after about 3 minute it start pop.
- Roast the peanuts
- heat the fry pan and add oil (3 table spoon) and put sliced onion, chopped tomato, cumin powder, salt, turmeric powder (coriander if you like) and half lemon.
- Cook for about 5 minute.
- Now you can put everything in a blender and blend it.
- Add 1/4th of tea cup water. Now pickle is ready to serve.
Ingredient: Chopped Spinach, oil, salt, turmeric powder, ginger, cumin seed, chilly,
- chop the spinach
- light the stove (medium) and put the pan in it.
- Put 3 table spoon vegetable oil.
- Once the oil heated, put cumin seed, chilly and wait until it gets dark brown.
- Put chopped spinach and stir.
- Put garlic and ginger paste, turmeric powder.
- After about 10m, the spinach will be ready.