It is to inform all our members that Trekking Agencies’ Association of Nepal (TAAN) is going to organize 3rd TAAN International Langtang Marathon on April 25, 2018. Like the hugely successful 2nd TAAN International Langtang Marathon, the event this year will again be a full-fledged event held under both men and women category.
The marathon will start from Kyanjin Gompa and end in Syabrubensi, covering approximately 46km. The marathon route will follow through Kyanjin Gomba-Godha Tabela- Lama Hotel- Rimche- Sherpagaon- Khanjim and Syabrubensi. Kyanjin Gompa is a Buddhist monastery located at an altitude of 3870 meter from where one can get breathtaking spectacular views of Langtang ranges. The village of Kyanjin Gompa is often the last destination for most trekkers in Langtang trek.
3rd TAAN International Langtang Marathon 2018 is going to be held with an objective to develop Nepal as an international destination for sports and sporting events. It aims to promote Nepal with Langtang in particular as one of the major destinations for adventure tourism among both international and national tourists.
In addition the event will draw international and national attention to the conservation of Himalayan biodiversity and protection of rare and elusive species like Red Panda.
- 22nd April: Drive to Syabrubensi and Hike to Khanjim/Sherpagaun
- 23rd April: Trek to Thangsyap/Langtang
- 24th April: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa, Mockup race
- 25th April: Race start from Kyanjin Gompa to Syabrubensi
Closing Ceremony: 1:00 PM at Syabrubesi
- 26th April: Drive back to Kathmandu
Nepali citizen: Rs. 2,500 per person
Foreigners: US $ 75 per person( equivalent Nepalese Rupees )
Note: Interested participants can register for the event by logging on http://langtangmarathon.com/event-info/registration/ or can directly visit TAAN Secretariat, Maligaun, Kathmandu.
The registration fee includes:
- T- Shirts and Chest Numbers
- Water on race day
- Insurance for participants
- First- aid
- Lunch after the closing ceremony
- Support staffs to carry clothes.
- Accommodation before and after the race
- Transportation from and to Kathmandu
- Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner/ Drinks up to the race starting point
- National Park Entry fees
- Caring of your own belongings
The winner of 3rd TAAN International Langtang Marathon will receive Rs. 50,000 on both men and women category. Similarly, Second and Third Prize carries a purse of Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 20,000 respectively.
The deadline to submit the form is April 15, 2018.
For further details, please visit: www.langtangmarathon.com
Media & Communication Department
News Copied from TAAN Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal