Treks and Expeditions
mail us email@example.com
Trishuli River Rafting
Trip Duration : 1-2 Days
Trishuli River Rafting is the most popular river activity among the beginners, travelers with short duration and people looking for total family adventure holidays. One has to come across 3 grade and 4 grade rapids while rafting in Trishuli River. After succession of one rapid, it has a slower section for swimming and relaxing and photo session for one's memory.
Rafting in Trishuli River starts after a few hours of drive from Kathmandu or Pokhara. Between 2 days of rafting, camping in the river side, BBQ, fire camp at night, lunch in the river beach, gorge and scenic village are the attractions, most appreciated by the rafters. Dancing and singing can be another fun while in the camp in the evening with your rafting operator team.
During the monsoon, rafting in Trishuli River is one of the most exciting and challenging river activities in Nepal as it transforms itself into a swollen torrent of ranging white water. It creates exciting and heart pounding adventure when the river is running high and wild.
Highlights of this Trip
Transporation: Private/ Tourist Coach
Accommodation: Tented Camp
Food: from our kitchen/ local restaurant
Grade: 3, 3+
Min. Pax.: 4 for private or group join
- Easy and exciting
- Short and easy access from Kathmandu or Pokhara
- Scenic village and Green Mountain
- Best for the first time timer and families
Itinerary - Trishuli River Rafting
Day 1. Departure From Kathmandu
– Depart to Kathmandu at 7:30 by private transfer. We will stop for breakfast before arrive to the put in point. After arrive in Charaudi, change cloth, our guide will brief about the rafting command, safety instruction and other related things. You will be encounter with number of rapids (Monsoon, ladies Delight, land slide, Upset, Surprise, monkey, Pinball and etc). After about 15km raft down you will arrive at your end point. Change cloth and take a rest at your camp. Your supporting team will make tea coffee and you will ask to join while cooking, setting camp fire or etc. Enjoy camp fire, BBQ, singing and dancing to make memorable night. Over night in the tent.
Day 2. Short rafting - Back to Kathmandu:
Your team will make tea and wake you up. Right after breakfast will be ready. After breakfast pack your bag, change your cloth, get ready to raft. You can give hands bringing down the raft, pumping the raft or etc. We will have a lunch at the river bank and after drive to your next destination to Kathmandu, Pokhara or Chitwan.
Trip Cost - Trishuli River Rafting
- No of Pax. 5 pax 10 pax Above 10
- Cost in Nrs. 5500/ person 4500/ person 4000/ person
Package Cost Includes - Trishuli River Rafting
• All the gears including, rafting boat, rescue kayak, gear boat for your personal effect, food guides, helper, cook and etc.
• Sleeping tent, mattress, sleeping bag while on camp
• Life jacket and helmet while on rafting
• All land transfers as per itinerary.
• All meals whilst rafting (Breakfast, Lunch and dinner)
• Water proof Bag for your valuable things.
• Comprehensive medical kit
Package Cost Excludes -Trishuli River Rafting
• Personal equipment
• Travel insurance
• Emergency evacuation (Should cover your insurance)
• Tips and gratuities (crew will expect the tipping)
• Costs arising from unforeseen events outside the control of AATE.
• Personal expenses such as drinks, postage, laundry
• All the expenses in except on rafting trip.
Trip Notes -Trishuli River Rafting
There are two different type of transportation to reach to Trishuli River Rafting point.
• Private: We will manage private transportation as per group size. We will pick you up from your Hotel and bring back to your hotel. Private transportation is bit expensive compare to public but is more convenient. It will take about 2:30hr from Katmandu and Pokhara and 1:30hr from Chitwan.
• Public: There are tourist buses from Katmandu and Pokhar or Chitwan to the starting point of rafting. They leave in the morning 7:00am from Katmandu and Pokhara and 9:00 am from Chitwan. It will take approximately 3 hrs from Katmandu and Pokhara and 1:30hr from Chitwan. After finish rafting, there are no tourist buses. Our guide will arrange some local regular micro/ bus to your destination. The public buses can be bit crowdy or small seat to the westerns.
Our guide is government license holder. He has been in rafting industry many years. He has spent his more than 5 year being a helper. Further he had got training about safety in river (WRT) and first aid training. He is a excellent Kayaker as well as. He is working as our company's captain from the establishment of our company.
The best and the latest brand new materials. We have brand new NRS6000 expedition series made in USA. Our boats are self bailing, Hyplaon materials. 6-8 rafters at a time can raft.
We will use a Kayak for the safety of the Rafters. While rafting in the rapid, there may have chance to fall down the rafters or even flip the boat. In that situation, Kayak will rescue the rafters and collecting the things.
We will provide different standard meal to the rafters. They may not like you eat at restaurant but we will provide hygienic food.
• Nepali set: If you are for two days rafting, you can expect one time Nepali set meal as well as. We will provide (Rce, Dal, Mix Veg, Chicken, pickle, salad and soup) set for lunch.
• Cold Lunch: Potato, boil egg, ham, cheese, orange, apple, banana, salami, carrot, cucumber, radish, white bread, microni.
• Breakfast: Bread, Tibetan bread, pan cake, Omelet, hash brown potato, porridge, muesli, tea, coffee.
• Dinner: Soup, fry rice, chicken, mix veg, Dal, Salad, papad, Achar, pasta, fry rice¸Spaghetti, Thenthuk, Thukpa boil and iodine treated water.
Rescue and Safety
The first safety or rescue is a Kayak while in the river. Except Kayak, our guide use rope, paddle or by the help of life line rope to bring back the person in to the boat. After the primary rescue, we will have some first aid for the instant treatment. Our company will not provide any charter service, medical facilities. The rafters have to buy themselves the insurance from their country or home.
There are 2 seasons for rafting - March to May and Late September to November. Winter is too cold and monsoons are with high water.
Rafting requires special equipment to be safe in the water and have a fun. The followings are the standard rafting clothing's and gears.
• Wet gears: Sandals, half pans, T shirts, helmet, paddle, life jacket and P Cap.
• Camp gears (Changing gears): light jacket, trouser, under wear, cap, towel, flash light, sleeping bag, sun glass, some medicine and camera.
• Optional gears: Books, fishing rod, playing cards, snacks, Swiss knife, swim suit and binocular
If you are doing 2 days rafting, we will make special night for the first day. We will organize a small BBQ and at the same time, you can join for singing, dancing and drinking your own alcohol. Your active participation is much appreciated to have more fun.